Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Phylum Future


Sparkling waves, glassed bricking brook

poured broken shards of bedrock soot

until the river ran its route

memories settle overlooked


Up ahead glows of red, mean green

paying tolls down the untold creek

which wasted well will surely mean

a few more hours, like jaded peas


my future floats, awaiting me


It passes by the present I

rivulet torrents through my

weathered mind

Instead of knowing, seeing past

I wait and feel its breezing clasp

Hindsight hinders hinged decisions

made in muddy waded marsh

of momentary muddled mishaps

forced to choose among a farce.


It's hard to tell my phylum future

awaiting flushing force down stream

soon it wanes and weans til' sea

accepts the oceaned river's plea


Now I lay knee deep in surf

where I may contemplate marine

amongst the shells and shore horizon

my journey made by gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment