Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Potential


Do I even know how to push myself?

Have I ever placed myself in such a position

to pain me, make me grow, and trudge through my suffering?

Yes. I have. In my head I fight infectious

ideas and insecurities put there by common thieves

It took me 21 years to really see how bored everyone is

how boring I can be. I detest busyness and the go culture

My understanding of this has dug deeper

and is exposing wells of potential. It's not the activity

but the purpose. Wasted lives begetting wasted energy.

You could give these people all the potential of the sun

and they would still squander it to fulfill some joe job expectation

constantly busying themselves in the hope of one day finding leisure

why not stop the act, stop trying to just keep your head above water

in hopes of reaching the shore. Dive deeper, explore uncharted waters

I wonder if I write this stuff to myself or to you

I need to produce more, to risk more, to live more

take the abuse, take the corruption and spit it back

use it as fuel to topple cities. Let the games begin.

Its so lame to be clever anymore or to be ironic.

Isn't it better to be straight, to be articulate and passionate?

To really dance, to really scream, and to really fight

why use the back door when there's greater access out front?

Cleverness only gets you so far, conviction is boundless.

Its not about the words anymore but the actions

this is a lesson I needed years ago.

Fuck nihilism and the petty minds it swallows up.

It's time to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment