Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oblivion

let's stare into it
let us leap into the canyon and fall to our doom
suspended only by our faith
how long has it been since humanity has dared to be so bold?
do i dare embrace the meaninglessness?
do i dare mock the gods, render them useless
only to continue upon my aimless path
i live my death every second
every movement is a confirmation of its imminent approach
all is well though
for i have no end and no beginning
i will merely pass into that which i have always been
older am I then myself
let the wind sweep me into the abyss and soar to new heights
higher than any my mind may dare gaze
let the intoxication of illusion remain a safeguard
there is no reason to transcend my life
i am here to be imprisoned and bask in its silence
There is no hope for the man with nothing to lose
especially if that nothing is himself
so cast a sail and depart upon the waves of oblivion
meet me on the other side
and you will find that there was never anything to worry about
Not a Damn Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment