Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Prayer

Let us burst out of life
like a blank page penetrated
but wells of ink
too long has boredom and mistrust
galloped across our songs and pages
too long have we been too hip to be happy
and too discontent to be cool
Put down your ice picks and leave the railroad ties
as the lie
Engulf your body with the lust for what's ahead
we play it safe, without realizing we can walk away from that game
we are roles being played by actors
unaware and definitely underpaid. We are tragically hip.
And it hurts sometimes. So lost within our wiring and wireless
street signs and hand signals that take us nowhere
and far far far away from any kind of hearth of any home
I stand in conviction a beggar in leather boots
with shades so dark I CAN"T even see out of them
I light my values ablaze for the cool breeze of depth and "poetic-ness"
Jesus Christ we are in need of a fucking savior
each of us in need of someone to die for our goddamn waste
of lives
We are to be living vitally, kicking nihilistic babblers in the ass
but instead we plan
and plan
and plan
until we reach the end of our list only to look back
and see all of the dates and scheduled events we missed
How tidy our lives must be
From a single corner I can wave flags and see the entire
world lost in its own maze
Its all smoke and mirrors, hiding behind our windshields
Terrified if reality even hits us square between the eyes
I miss you, you soulless fuck. I scream to the man I never met.
Save me from this fucking joke and I swear I'll tell you the punch line.
But the Hatter throws his hand in
and hysterically belts out sonic flares that engulf
what I call my art.
Let us tear off the hour hand and live within minutes
I'll wait for you in a boat by the bay
and we can drift into the nighttime Lighting candles to signal the stars.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment